Saturday, May 7, 2011

Something Wonderful


Last night I went to go see Something Borrowed. I read the book a few years ago and thought it was the best thing ever-read it in one week and the sequel, Something Blue the next.

I honestly went into the movie thinking it would be crap, because I thought the book was so good-but to my surprise, the movie was amazing!!! They left a few things out and changed it a bit here and there, but overall I say A+
I thought it was cast really well, and everyone in the theater was foaming over the actor who played Dex, below. He reminds me of Tom Cruise during the Top Gun days-except taller.

Jim from The Office!!! He played Ethen, and played it really well. I didn't like what his character divulged in the end-minor change of plot from the book.
Ughhhhhhhhhhh mushy scenes :) LOVE LOVE LOVE
Kate Hudson looked awesome in the movie (so did Ginnifer Goodwin who plays Rachel) She has those beautiful blonde curls that look so effortless. There was a girl that went to college with me who had the same exact hair. Word on the street is that it was a perm she got on Myrtle Beach.
Has anyone ever had a perm? Now I want one and want to be blonde.

Before the movie I stopped into Anthropologie and bought a Mother's Day Card (Much to RPN's dismay---it was $8.00-Mom is worth it! Plus, I already waited so long that I bet the only cards left in CVS were awful) I also bought that lovely pink coaster above with the elephant. I have a thing for elephants and pink, thought it would be great for my apartment :)

6 comments:

Ashley @ Places To Go, Things To Buy said...

I LOVED the books!! I can't wait to see the movie!

Portuguese Prepster said...

I haven't read the books yet but I really want to see the movie-would you suggest seeing the movie or reading the books first?

mMe said...

@ Portuguese Prepster-the book is so worth it, if you think you can finish it in time to see the movie in theater, def do that!

Talia said...

I'm so happy to hear you liked the movie! I will definitely be seeing it now.

And, I've been in search of some good reads lately and now you've given me something!!

THANKS! :)

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

I read the book and liked it, but it wasn't my favorite! However, I think it will make a GREAT movie and with Kate Hudson, I definitely want to see it! Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

*Dream Weaver* said...

i Loved the book and can't wait to see the movie too!!! :)

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity