Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Hair Help, to Side Bang or not?

I need your help. I feel like I have styled my hair the same for way too long. I have always wanted side bangs, but have been way to nervous to take the plunge... Here is my reasoning:
  1. I usually part my hair down the middle (just like in the photo below)
  2. I have wavy hair that sometimes can disguise itself into that pretty beachy look, or like a crazy woman
  3. Lately, I rarely use my hair iron/blow dryer. Trying to grow it long, and keep it as healthy as possible (I hear you have to style bangs no matter what, or you just add to the crazy lady look)
  4. I don't like hair in my face
  5. Scared of change!
I separated my hair inspiration in a "good" and "bad" category, below is the bad-not ugly, just not for me.
I wouldn't like that much hair in my face. Plus, I have been told I have a really small face, so if that much hair was in it, I might look like cousin it.
A little to severe-also not good inspiration because my hair is not 1) one color 2) long and straight 2) wouldn't want to put the energy into ironing it that straight
I am usually not a fan when the bangs don't look like they are a part of the rest of the hair. I LOVE me some Elle Macpherson (her lingerie is amazing---not too mention she is preeeeetty) but the above photo is a perfect example of the dual hair syndrome to me. Now for the good..
Maybe I am just obsessed with Something Borrowed, but I was ooing and aaing about Ginnifer Goodwin's hair the whole time. Her length is similar to mine, the color is doable for me, and her bangs seem to easily push to the side and are not too blunt.

Loved Brit Brit since I was a 6th grader-this photo has been one of my favorite 'bang' pictures for a long time. I love her buttery blonde hair here (totally not doable for me), but there is something about the bangs, they look like they could go to the side and look as great as they do in that photo..also, her hair is parted down the middle.
Love these. They blend perfectly with her hair-the antithesis (yes I confirmed the definition w/ dictionary.com) of Ms. Machperson's hair above.
She's just so darn cute! I like how we still see the 'bangy' (not confirmed with dictionary.com) look while still showing some forehead.

So I need your help. Are bangs a pain in the butt? Will I regret them as soon as I get them? The best advice I have gotten is from my gorgeous friend ADM who has AWESOME side bangs-she said to tell the stylist to make the ends feathery so they blend well. As of now, it looks like I will be getting bangs on Saturday... Looking forward to your input :)

4 comments:

Tanya said...

I think side swept bang a la Nicole Richie would look really good on you: http://www.haironthebrain.com/2009/12/nicole-richie-hairstyles/

I wish i could have bangs but i have a cow-lick, so I always have to part in the middle (or slightly to the side)

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

I say try it! It'll always grow back if you don't like it, and you'll never know if you don't try. Maybe even take a picture of your friend with the great bangs to show your stylist (or go to her stylist).

Ashley @ Places To Go, Things To Buy said...

Yes, do the side bangs!! I think it will look really good on you! I miss my side bangs and will be getting them back soon...I loved them when I had them. I'm not as big a fan of regular bangs, but the side ones can be very sexy.

Sheridan French said...

BANGS ARE THE BEST!! Go for it!

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity