Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Makeup Downsizing

If you have the new Instyle with Kate Hudson on the cover, I strongly encourage you to turn to page 276-277 and take a look at "A Perfect Match". I used to be/am a makeup junkie, and over the years, I have accumulated way too much. The makeup case below is just one of the few that I have.
I def need to downsize before the big move. I dream about having all the makeup that I use in one small bag like the cute Vineyard Vines one below. I think if you have a small bag with great products that you know work for you, you are less likely to make a makeup mistake and more likely to paint a flawless face :) With the amount of products I have, it's too easy to be overwhelmed.

My attempt at downsizing.

Anyways, the feature in Instyle has top makeup artist's picks for different skin tones. I think I lie somewhere between fair and light, so I plan on mixing and matching the products they recommend, and hopefully downsizing for the better.

Here are the products

  1. Georgio Armani foundation-love this stuff, but its super heavy and more appropriate for a night out, for day I'll stick to tinted moisturizer.
  2. Cle de Peay Beaute concealer-love my Laura Mercier secret camoflauge to replace, but maybe when I run out I'll try this one.
  3. Dior eyeshadow palette in Ingonito or Ambre Design- have Incognito, great neutrals, but not fun enough
  4. Nars Orgasm- ehh... never was crazy about this one, I have Benefit Coralista which is similar
  5. Nars Bronzer in Laguna- will buy you soon.
  6. Mac lipliner in subculture or spice- have spice, bought it because Penelope Cruz apparently wears it all the time...
  7. Nars Pure Matte lipstick in Bangkok- will buy you soon.
  8. Nars Lip Gloss in Turkish Delight or Chelsea Girls- LOVE LOVE LOVE both of these. Turkish delight is the prettiest milky pink lip gloss over.
What do you think? To downsize or not to downsize?

3 comments:

Jules said...

I have that issue of InStyle but haven't gotten to the article yet. Downsizing is definitely something I could stand to do with my makeup collection too. I agree that NARS Turkish Delight is the perfect pink lipgloss. It sounds like we have a similar skintone, so I'll have to keep these products in mind.

I'm following you now and looking forward to reading more of your blog as you prepare for your move :)

Portuguese Prepster said...

That issue of InStyle is one I look forward to every year! I think downsizing make-up is best. It's so much better to have a few key products rather than a ton you don't know what to do with. It's hard to restrain myself in Sephora, but I try to limit myself to one Very Bradley bag filled with make-up.

mMe said...

@ Jules, the Blue Mercury store on Walnut is amazing, last time I was there, I almost bought a replacement Turkish Delight

@ Portuguese Prepster- I need to learn from you! You should do a post about what you keep in your Vera Bradley bag!

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity