Thursday, May 26, 2011

Art!!!

Art is a very personal thing. I think as long as you find something that you enjoy, go for it! Recently, I was browsing a local art festival and came across the prints you see below. I fell in LOVE. On top of having one of my favorite color combinations (pink and green), I thought the print was to die for. One little girl has peonies on her head (Peonies also happen to be my fav flower) and one has "happy birthday on my head", whatever that means. In my mind that just means pure happiness/silliness. Anyhooooooo, I was smitten with these prints and so happy to bring them home with me. Initially I wanted to put them in a bathroom, but after seeing how awesome they came out after being framed (at Pearl's!), I am thinking they should probably go in my bedroom. Also, apologies for the poor quality in picture taking, the light you see in the background of the photos is NOT part of the print. I am in DESPERATE need of a new and GOOD camera.







Don't they make you so happy!??!?!?







Classic gold frame with not so classic art = love.














What do you think? Love them as much as I do? What kind of art do you like? Do you like browsing art festivals as much as me??



PS: Got the idea to do a REALLY THICK matte (spelling!?!?) around print from a magazine and am so happy with the result!



1 comment:

Ashley @ Places To Go, Things To Buy said...

Cute prints meg! They're very you! I love the framing too!

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity