Friday, May 20, 2011

Sequins

The last time I went to J.Crew at the mall near my house I tried on the FĂȘte sequin mini. I loved the purplish hue of the skirt and anyone who knows me knows I LOVE me some sparkle. I tried on the skirt, and to my surprise it fit really well...However, as you all know I am on a bit of a budget in preparation for the big move and I could not seem to justify purchasing the skirt. Where would I wear it? I told myself I would wear it on my birthday (that is the usual answer when the item is frivolous). I think it would look great in the winter with a black cashmere turtleneck and black opaque tights.
Here it is on me. My toe nails were painted a light lavender from Essie which looked super cute with the skirt. I also like how the black top looks with it.

So this weekend, I may 'accidentally' find myself at J.Crew, and if I see that skirt there, it will probably be coming home with me. What do you all think? Is it silly? Where would you wear it, and what would you wear it with?


4 comments:

Portuguese Prepster said...

I just purchased this skirt and I'm obsessed with it! I'll probably wear it out at night when school starts again.

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

OOOH, I love it!! I like the way it fits you better than on the model! I think it would be great with a pair of heels and silk top...or you could even tone it down with boots in the fall/winter!

Anonymous said...

It is beautiful! Is it completely covered in sequins? I am thinking I would love to add this number to my wardrobe!

Anonymous said...

Did you end up buying the skirt? I bought it a few days ago for $48! Super awesome buy!

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity