Monday, May 23, 2011

Headboard Help!

I am beyond excited about purchasing the Camden Tufted Headboard from Ballard for my nuevo apartment, but am having major troubles picking out a fabric. It seems like my bedroom colors are leaning towards pink and green because I have inherited a gorgeous skirted vanity from my mother that has pink and green fabric (top layer is floral, bottom layer is striped). So it leaves me with very few options for the fabric choice at Ballard. Initially I was all about the green gingham, but want to avoid the 'country' look. I have always LOVED burlap fabric for a headboard, but am afraid that it may be too much of a stretch from the skirted vanity I am getting... So what's left? Ivory?


I would REAAAAAAAALLLLLLLY appreciate any decorating tips from you guys. Ballard also allows you to use your own fabric, but it seems so much easier to just choose one of the ones that they offer. Take a look and help me out! Or, let me know your thoughts on the choices above.
PS: the pictures (especially the burlap one) do not do the fabric justice. The first picture looks like plain white but its actually "Pintuck Creamy".

5 comments:

Molly said...

LOVE Ballard Design! I think I'd choose Ivory- may go with more in the future, if you decide to re-design your room. Good luck!

Ashley @ Places To Go, Things To Buy said...

Yea, I agree....the Ivory will go with more as you re-design in the future (trust me, you'll want to!) I LOVE the headboard too! I want one like that in the future. Post pictures of the vanity so we know what your talking about and how to help. :)

S said...

I third the ivory one. more versatile etc...

Lynett said...

Definitely pintuck creamy! You'll want something neautral in case you want to switch it up in the future. Oh, and post a pic of the vanity, I want to see.

Anonymous said...

Ballard is my "go-to" for inspiration. Another vote for the Ivory!

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity