Saturday, April 30, 2011

Make Believe

Sometimes, when I have an event to attend and I need a new outfit I pretend that the word budget to me is foreign. I go onto online shops such as net-a-porter.com and pretend I can buy whatever I want. Muffin is going to be a groomsman in a wedding held in Rehoboth Beach Delaware in October, so this gave me the perfect chance to play dress up on net-a-porter. I have never been to Rehoboth Beach and an quite unfamiliar with Northern beaches in general, especially in October, so I am not sure that these would work....but I still love them! Anybody who has been to Rehoboth and can imagine what it would be like in October, please chime in!This Issa dress is so gorgeous. I think the shape is perfect for a wedding guest to wear, however I am not sure the color would work anywhere in October. I would put a beautiful wrap over it to wear during the ceremony if it was in a church. I would wear it with these silver Jimmy Choo's below. I love baby blue and silver together.

I am obsessed with this dress. I think that the color would work for an October wedding. It's not a flashy dress but still looks like it fits like a dream. I am WAY shorter than that model so it would be a bit longer on me which would probably be a good thing.
I would wear that brown dress with these Jimmy Choo's... I love the coral stones with the color of the dress.
I LOVE pink and I LOVE frills. This is one of those dresses that probably appeals more to women than men. Muffin probably hates this dress. I think it is fun and flirty, and the pink would go beautiful with these babies...
I have wanted these shoes ever since I laid eyes on them. I first saw them in nude on Jennifer Aniston. Pink and gold look great together!

So, I am guessing the only outfit out of the three above that would work would be the brown dress with either one of the gold Jimmy Choo's. Even though the chances of me getting one of these outfits is pretty low, I think it's a good place to start. I can probably easily find a similar dress in color for a better deal, and if I really REALLY budget myself (remember this wedding is in October) I just might, maybe, hopefully, be able to get one of the shoes.

4 comments:

Lynett said...

First one if my favorite, but you're right, the color may not work for Oct. And the last pair of shoes!!! LOVE THEM!!!

Portuguese Prepster said...

We have a beach house in Rehoboth! It will be probably be chilly at that time of year. Love all of your suggestions though! Let me know if you have any questions about Rehoboth...I did a blog post about it awhile back. Great shopping!

mMe said...

Lynett, the first dress is from Issa which Kate Middleton wears a lot, so you can imagine it makes me want it that much more :)

Portuguese Prepster, so happy to hear! Please tell me all about Rehoboth! I imagine that it's not beachy like Miami beachy, do tell! What should I wear??

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

The pink dress is my favorite! I just found your blog and it's so cute! I'm a new follower! Please stop by and check out mine!

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity