Sunday, April 24, 2011

Hair War I



I declared war with my hair at a very early age. There was a time when I honestly believed that the reason why my hair looked so smooth and straight after I left a hair salon was because of the shampoo/conditioner the hair stylist used (this was ages 7-10). So I would beg my mom and dad to buy me whatever they used, go home and wash it, let it air dry, and freak out.

Then bath and body works came out with their own version of sun in, and I used it all summer long and had ORANGE hair for a really long time.

Then I got highlights right before college. My hair was a beautiful
brown with natural highlights that did not need ANY changes... It looked pretty after, but the stylist lightened the base which was a pain in the ass (and not necessary).

Then I dyed it back dark (and it turned purple). After the purple faded out and it became a natural dark brown, I started adding highlights again and this has been my signature look for quite some time.

Next I decided I wanted OMBRE hair, a la Lauren Conrad below.
I went to a new young stylist who listened carefully and was so excited. Here is me in the process:

I ended up with this:
Let me tell you, I would get either tons of compliments or the weirdest looks from people (especially older sophisticated women) who thought I was in desperate need of getting my roots done. The biggest problem I had with the ombre hair was that the already somewhat damaged ends (because my hair was so long) became even more damaged with the bleach.

So I ended up going really dark, which I loved, then that faded and I got my hair cut--SHORT!! Oh how I miss my long hair....

Next, I'd like to go red. I watched a Lifetime Movie (dear God..) on Saturday and saw the most beautiful actress with the prettiest red hair I had ever seen. Points if you can name her! (I don't even know what the movie was called becasue Lifetime published the wrong movie title/description when it was on). The hair was MAJOR red (like little mermaid) in the light, and then in darker lights it looked brown. I think it would be great for me because I am pale and freckly (Oh Irish skin...). Chances of me doing this btw is 20%. Convince me please :)

2 comments:

LifeBegins@Thirty said...

Her name is Laura Leighton. She used to be on Melrose Place and is now on Pretty Little Liars.

I loved the ombre on you but I can't wait to see how red looks!

mMe said...

Hey there! The ombre was beautiful but a hassle, hopefully I will have the guts to do red soon but as of now too nervous!

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity