Wednesday, August 24, 2011

5 Things


Well I survived the earthquake, my first one (and hopefully last). I was on the 1oth floor of my building (normally I am on 26 but lunch room is located on 10) and felt the weirdest shaking and rumbling. It sounded and felt like the subway you feel walking on the streets...It was scary, but not quite as frightening as #3 on my 5 things listed below:

1. Salma Hayek Nuance Hydating Rose Balm
Love this stuff. It is like a fancy aquafor with the faint smell of rose. I use it before I go to sleep on my lips (cant go to sleep without aquafor or this b/c if I do, I wake up with the most chapped lips EVER!)

2. Yogurt Pretzels

I am not a huge fan of yogurt, so they should probably call them frosting pretzels b/c that is what they taste like. I just had my first one last week and have been on a yogurt pretzel kick since then! I would love to make my own (with frosting of course...)

3. Ouch!
So I was shaving (standing up, apparently most people sit) and I guess I was shaving the top of my foot (I think???) and I lost balance. While I was making the shaving motion with the razor I caught the pad of my 3rd toe from the big toe on my right foot in the razor-and off it went. My apartment literally looked like a murder scene. Blood EVERYWHERE. Had to hobble out of the shower bleeding like roadkill (thank god I had just started and no shampoo or conditioner was in my hair) . And the worst part? I was all alone, had no first aid stuff, and my iphone was not working! It was traumatizing to say the least. I have been hobbling all day long and am dreading how painful tonight's shower may be.

4. Mary Janes
Not that I will be getting much wear out of any heels anytime soon due to #4, but I fell in love with these shoes from a catalog that got sent to the previous tenant me. They remind me of Prada. The Nordstrom's photo is not as cute as the way they look on the model...I need them for fall!


5. Nails, Nails, Nails!
In my last post I talked about how wonderful pink gel topcoat is from Sephora. And above is my nails after using it consistently for 1 week. My nails before were little stubs. Like guy nails. Awful, I know! Soon they will be in tip top shape so I can start sporting some Chanel Peridot or OPI's Lincoln Park After Dark (you all know I love and am ready for fall!)


3 comments:

Lynett said...

Ayyyy, your poor little toe :( Your nails are looking good! Miss u!

Portuguese Prepster said...

yikes! I'm sorry about your toe!!

Ashley @ Places To Go, Things To Buy said...

Hey! Check my blog....I gave you an award! :)

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity