Sunday, August 7, 2011

Weekend Makeup Haul



This weekend I bought lots of new makeup that I am really excited about. For starters, I have become obsessed with glitter nail polish. Not nail polish with sparse glitter (like the ones that came out when we were in elementary school), I am talking about heavy glitters that barely have any background color, just pure glitter to cover your nail. I saw Whitney in my new favorite trashy show, Big Rich Texas wearing a really thick pink glitter on her toes and I think that is what started this obsession. Then I saw a cute girl in the elevator in my apartment building with a thick silvery black glitter on her toe nails which I also loved. Unfortunately I missed the boat with the OPI/Katy Perry nail polishes and was a little late to the game, so I only found the blue one below, called Last Friday Night. I have a bajillion layers of it on my toe nails so I have super cute glittery blue nails and I am loving it! I have to keep the glitters on my toes b/c they are not office friendly :( boooooo.
Here is my glitter nail polish haul, from l-r: Last Friday Night, I Lily Love You, and And This Little Piggy (I only bought that one to use as a sparkly base for I Lily Love You).

So next... I was off to Sephora to browse around. While I was looking at the Stila counter and deciding on a lip gloss, this gorgeous makeup artist man caught my attention. I asked him his opinion and quickly learned that he was an artist executive for the line who was there for a special event (he is even on Stila's blog here, read about him!) He said "Let's play!" and did my makeup and he was FANTASTIC. I even asked for his card b/c he said he would travel to do makeup for weddings (not that I am getting married anytime soon, but still good to know!). He was so sweet and patient and answered all of my questions.....he really got me loving the line and these are the products I left with.
Baked eyeshadow in Bronze Glow...I only wear brownish colored eyeshadows and have a million different versions of them.
Illuminating pressed powder, b/c it made my after gym skin look fantastic.
Forever Yourl Curl Mascara-literally knocked me off of the chair. The mascara curls your lashes by itself!!! Plus I needed a new mascara so it was convenient.
And here is the makeup artist, David Birdwell. Isn't he so cute? Anyways, he has done makeup for tons of celebrities and models at fashion shows, I enjoyed talking to him so much!

Here is the finished result:

Please ignore the messy hair... I had just come from the gym. The look was really natural and flawlessly applied. Exactly how I (usually) like my makeup.

And here is my haul. Of course, he used a few other products on me...but you know how Sephora is...buy more than 3 things and your total could be $200.00. The sad thing is that I loved the look (and the brushes!) so much that I will probably buy the rest of it this week and share the other products with you all.

So what do you think? Are you all suckers for makeup and Sephora? Have you ever tried those Stila products, or any other Stila product that you love? Do you know of an heavy glitter nail polishes I should try?

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend :)

4 comments:

Ashley @ Places To Go, Things To Buy said...

Love the blue nail polish! Have you tried the Sally Hansen stick on nail polish strips? They have like 3 or 4 different colored glitter ones that I've been meaning to try and I know they're heavy glitter, so you might like them! Plus they won't chip!

Portuguese Prepster said...

you look so pretty! Love the simple make-up and I'm a huge fan of Stila!

Lynett said...

MORE MAKEUP?!

Anonymous said...

Hi pretty! GUESS WHAT?! You are one of the winners of my iS Clinical White Lightening Giveaway! Please email me your mailing info! shastaanneblog@gmail.com

XOXO

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity