Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Online Shopping Pet Peeve

I love shopping online. Places like zappos.com make it a pleasure with their customer service and fast shipping, but I have an online shopping pet peeve that I just have to get off my chest. I feel bad for picking on theoutnet.com (net-a-porter's outlet website, has some great deals) but it just so happens that I was reminded of this pet peeve when I was on the website this morning...and here it goes.

WHY DO WEBSITES POST SOLD OUT ITEMS? I happen to be scrolling along, come across a beautiful dress, and there it is in big bold ugly letters "SOLD OUT". Why do they even bother posting it? Is it to throw in your face that it is too late and that you were too slow? Someone else is enjoying an item that I would love love to make mine? Well to me, that is just nastiness. If I was in charge of an online retailer I would make sure that any sold out items are immediately pulled from the website instead of adding that horrific sold out sign.

Am I the only one that finds this extremely annoying? Anyhoo, on a side note, isn't that Zac Posen dress beautiful? Agree? Well, don't get your hopes up, after all, it is SOLD OUT.

3 comments:

Tanya said...

I absolutely hate that too!!!! What's the point of posting it if you can't get it anyway! argh!

Steel Magnolia said...

What's worse is J. Crew will put it in your shopping bag, then at CHECKOUT you realize it's on backorder until 4 months from now. What's the point??

mMe said...

@ Tanya, exactly! Grr so frustrating!
@ Steel Magnolia, omg that is the worst, who wants something in 4 months!

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity