Monday, June 6, 2011

Thoughts on Fitness and Bikinis

I am usually the girl that can think of a bajillion and one better things to do than work out. Sometimes, however, I get myself in these little spurts where I am all about working out and being healthy. Last time I did this, I became a member at a super posh gym (located in a mall---major damage to my finances) and was taking Dolphin cheerleader workouts at 9:oo am on Saturday mornings. This last time was a longgggggggggggg time ago. Now I am back on track and am loving this app called "Couch to 5k". It is supposed to get someone like me (extremely out of shape but lucky to have a fast metabolism) in shape gradually. I highly recommend it because it literally tells you what to do. A woman gets on and screams "RUN NOW" or "WALK NOW" and I happily oblige as I listen to Katy Perry and watch reruns of Real Housewives. It consists of 3 cardio workouts a week that get harder each time until it has you running a full 5k. I have been cheating a little and not been taking the suggested recovery breaks in an effort to get my body in shape quicker. Overall, I love how I feel after I work out and I am hoping to make this a part of my lifestyle instead of just a little 'spurt' :)

Now on to bikinis...

Soon Muffin and I are going on a little beach vacay which means it's time for Megan to get some new bikinis. I was on the hunt for a bikini that would make me feel 100% comfortable on the beach so that I did not feel the need to cover myself up half the time, and the answer of my prayers is the J.Crew bikini you see above. I am in LOVE. This past weekend, I went to a local boutique and tried on the most gorgeous bikini but it was $200.00, which is nonsense for me right now b/c of the big move.

Has anyone bought a bikini they love recently?

3 comments:

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

I just started a new workout kick too--hopefully it will last!

Portuguese Prepster said...

I need to start a new workout too! I'm the same-fast metabolism but lazy haha. I need to get back into a routine!

mMe said...

Try that app! It is really great!

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity