Wednesday, July 27, 2016

A few years later: 3 Things

A few years have passed and oh how my life has changed. A move back home to Miami, a wedding, jobs, baby, now stay at home mom to an adorable baby boy we will call CG.  I am going back to the blog because I have a lot of things to say, and not that many people to say it to.  Let's start off with an all new 3 things.  I'll catch you up soon.

1.  Long Hair Don't Care

Well, I am still obsessed with long hair and I am not surprised.  I mentioned a few posts down that in the past I had grown out my hair the wrong way, neglecting trims to keep the split ends at bay.  I have since changed my mind and the key to getting long hair is 1. NOT CUTTING IT 2. AVOIDING HEAT STYLING TOOLS AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE 3. WASHING AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE. Oh yea, and a good quality sulfate free shampoo and decent conditioner for when you do have the time to wash.

As mentioned above, I have a son who is about to turn 1 year old.  Just before I gave birth to him, I chopped off my beautiful long hair (because it was hot and I was pregnant and crazy) thinking that it would make my life easier taking care of a newborn.

  *** FACT - long hair is actually easier to manage than short hair (because of the weight and ease in putting it up in a bun/ponytail that looks pretty).

Almost a year has passed and I have not cut my hair and have barely used any harmful styling tools (dryer, iron, etc.) because I neither have the time or energy.  Most often my hair is in a bun at the top of my head because it's easy and when it is down, my son pulls on it and it hurts.  I recently had a blow out (came to my house, love Glamsquad -- try it!) and when it was done I couldn't believe how long and healthy my hair looked (the stylist couldn't either, and begged me to tell her what products I used - more on that later).  Because I haven't used those harmful tools in almost a year, there really is no need for a trim to cut damaged/split ends that don't really exist.

I do believe that frequent washing even if you use a decent shampoo and conditioner is extremely damaging to hair, especially if you want to grow it out.  Dry shampoo is your friend if you cringe at the thought of oily roots.  In taking care of CG I no longer have time to have a nice long shower whenever I want. I usually don't have time for a shower until he has fallen asleep which lands shower time at 8:15.  By that time I am SO exhausted the last thing I want to do is wash my hair and then go to bed with soaking wet hair (and using the dryer is just not an option - too lazy, makes too much noise and soooo tired). So.... I usually only wash my hair 1x a week (CRINGE!!!!), but my hair looks better than ever.

As previously mentioned, a good sulfate free shampoo and conditioner is a must. The one that I found that I was so impressed with and have re purchased, which for a former beauty junky is a big deal is the Redken Color Magnetics Sulfate Free (hot pink bottles).  This one lathers, smells amazing, and my goodness it does wonders for your hair.

However, I will NOT be repurchasing becaues I found out that Redken tests on animals.

I also have Olaplex #3 currently in my hair.  I put it in last night and was so excited to try this deep conditioning treatment I have only heard wonders about.  The more intensive treatment is available in salons only, but #3 is available via retail for an out home treatment and the minimum time to leave in is 10 minutes.  I plan on keeping it in until this evening (full 24 hours) and cannot wait to see how it leaves my hair.  On a side note, my hair now has the treatment dried in and its been a week since I have actually washed my hair, and it feels pretty disgusting and tangly.


2.  Girls

I just started bing watching this series on demand while CG naps/crawls around the TV room and I AM OBSESSED. I cannot believe I have been missing out on this show for so long although I am glad that I don't have to wait around each week for a new episode.

I am currently midway through season 2 and:

The doctor that Hannah hooks up with is dreamy
Is it wrong that I am sad that Jessa and the rich guy didn't work out? I wish I had a friend like Hannah to cry with in a bathtub when times get tough. 
Marnie is annoying and I am tired of her storyline.  Charlie is really cute.
Shoshanna is hilarious and I hope she and that dude end up together 


3.  Stella McCartney

I just recently turned 30 and I have decided to try to make a few changes in my life including embracing a cruelty free lifestyle. One of the things I have vowed to do, and I wouldn't really call this a sacrifice, is never purchase a leather handbag/accessory again.  Stella McCartney seems to be the only high end designer that does not use leather and I am now the happy owner of three of her handbags.  They are absolutely gorgeous and I cannot wait to collect more.  

Here are the three I have:

this one is really tiny but so cute 

 the one i am using everyday, sort of worried about using such a beautiful bag everyday but it makes me happy
30th birthday surprise from my husband, its for fancy nights and I cannot wait to wear it



Well, as I mentioned a lot has happened since my last post. I wanted to get back to blogging because it gives me something to do while CG is napping and a place to blabber because I sure do have a lot to say and not that many people to blabber to.

Thanks for listening :)


1 comment:

hailey said...

Hi, Great information! Would you please consider sharing my link to your readers? Please email me back at haileyxhailey gmail.com.

Thanks!
Hailey

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity